Obviously I can’t tell you that. But I should be able to point you in the right direction.
It’s really important to give people the opportunity to help you. This is what networking is about, assuming that you are helping them too, of course. From a spiritual perspective step 1 is always ASK. You won’t be properly provided for if you don’t first ask for what you seek.
If you don’t feel that you have everything you want right now, there are only a handful of reasons that could be.
1. You’re not in alignment with or clear on what you seek.
2. You don’t believe you are entitled to what you want
3. You don’t follow the signs that are presented to you that point you in the direction you need to go.
4. Your asks are not being properly received.
This particular piece is going to look mostly at issue one. The other three will get their due attention, don’t worry
Let me explain what I mean by “not being in alignment with what you seek”. So often, I talk to people that tell me they want to make more money. I am not knocking that as a goal by any stretch of the imagination. BUT, saying you want more money and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to get it suggests your intentions and your actions are out of alignment. If your intentions are clear and your actions support them, you are in alignment. Other reasons people may not be in alignment is because they are seeking things that aren’t good for their Being.
Let’s look at getting clear on what you seek. Aside from more money, do you know what it is that you want? This isn’t always an easy process. It requires a lot of thought and the ability to get very quiet with ourselves. So many of us think that the answers to the questions we have are outside of us. Not the case. Everything you seek to know is and has been inside of you. So my suggestion to you is ask yourself some questions and then get really, really quiet so that you may hear the answers. The questions to help you grow your business could look like this:
- What does my ideal client look like?
- Who refers me the most business?
- What types of companies make good strategic partners for me?
- If I could work with only three companies, who would they be?
Those questions are all good, but what if you already know you are not in the right role for you? You need to start with a different set of questions:
- If I could be anything in this life, what would I be?
- Where do my talents intersect with the needs of the world?
- What do I really enjoy doing that can earn me a good living?
- What are my strengths?
In simplest terms, ask yourself what would make you wildly happy (either in business growth or career direction) and chart a course toward it. When you figure out what it is that is going to bring you bliss, you have just uncovered for what you should ask.